Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mrprod
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc

Monthly to Tape - incomplete Jobs

Post by mrprod »

Hello,

we're running VEEAM Backup & Repication 7, Local Repositories and a HP MSL Tape Library attached for weekly and monthly backups. The backup jobs are set up with a secondary target for the tape backups. But strangely sometimes (not all the time) the backups won't be write out to tape. For example (see Screenshot above) in the last monthly full backup there was the job "Archiv-ClosedPartition" missing. This also happens from time to time with the weekly backups.

Any way to troubleshoot this and any1 got likewise some similar problems?

Thanks in advance
Marc

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Monthly to Tape - incomplete Jobs

Post by Dima P. »

Marc,
If the backup in the question was locked by the original backup to disk (or possibly by restore operations) job while tape job was running it will be skipped from processing and will be place on tape only during the next tape job jun. Have you considered updating to v8? Tape functionality (and performance) was noticeably improved.
mrprod
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc

Post by mrprod »

Hi,
I didn't even realized that there is a complete new version. I'll have a look at it. Is it a straight forward update process (also with the licenses) or anything I need to care about?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The upgrade process is pretty straight forward and described in details in Release Notes document (might be worth reviewing). As to license, you will need a new one that can be requested for free, assuming you're on active maintenance. Thanks.