Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MisterV
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Valentijn Verbeke

Feature request - sheduled full backups + physical servers

Post by MisterV »

It looks like endpoint backup uses a reverse incremental backup. I would like to have an option to shedule full backups every week or month, same principle like big brother Veeam B&R.

Oh, and I hope this is a first step to a solution to backup physical (non virtual) servers with Veeam. I think I'll test endpoint backup on one of our file servers, the only one that isn't virtualized and thus can't be backed up with Veeam B&R.
jonaz
Enthusiast
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Jona Ziemann

Re: Feature request - sheduled full backups + physical serve

Post by jonaz »

I am hoping for that too, but within the same B&R application. I don't think I would like using 2 solutions (1 for virtual, 1 for physical)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Valentijn,

Veeam Endpoint does not use reversed incremental backup mode> Feature request forever forward incremental

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Valentijn,
I'll test endpoint backup on one of our file servers
I think it is possible only if you present the target thru the iSCSI initiator in the system where Endpoint resides. In case of success please let us know the results.

EDIT: I completely forgot that existing file server might be running windows Oss , so that works, but please keep in mind system requirements from User Guide.