Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TheRealTy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tyron Gower

failed to modify device 'Processor' Case(00697477)

Post by TheRealTy »

Hi, Had an issue with my backup server and removed all replications. I have tried to recreate them with seeding from backup on the same machine and now getting error about resource allocation. The backup server is lower specd than the primary server. this hasnt been an issue in the past, am i missing something?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: failed to modify device 'Processor' Case(00697477)

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Tyron,

Backup server specifications should not affect any jobs. Do you possibly refer to target and source hosts?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, I bet Tyron is talking about production and DR hosts. Basically, Veeam B&R just creates the VM similar to the original one. If the target host doesn't allow creating VM with such parameters, the job fails. So I would check resource allocation on the target host.
TheRealTy
Novice

Post by TheRealTy »

That's correct, I am referring to Source and Target sorry. The target server has never had the same resources, I have always needed to go into Hyper-V adn edit CPU and Memory allocations before i can start the replicas. For some reason now though it wont even replicate. I have created the machines and used initial seeding to try and get around it but it still seems to want to adjust CPU and Memory and fail at that point.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Ah, so you're on Hyper-V... Btw, what Veeam B&R version are you on? Haven't you upgraded to v8 recently?
TheRealTy
Novice

Post by TheRealTy »

Hi Yes i am on Hyper-V 2012R2,Yes I have upgraded to V.8 and installed latest patch.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

For newly created jobs in v8, new replication job format is introduced that uses Hyper-V VM snapshot capabilities. Replica VM is registered using a different mechanism, which does not allow to register replicas on the host with lower CPU/RAM resources.