Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ceez
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Cesar

Forecasting storage requirements for monthly backups?

Post by ceez »

Hello all, using Veeam ONE v8. The current capacity planning gives the option on how much storage to store for x amount of days, the default is 30 days. But I would like to know how much storage I need to store anywhere between 6-12 months of FULL reverse incremental only. Unless I am not looking hard enough, I don't find a report what is able to give me this info.

thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Forecasting storage requirements for monthly backups?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Cesar,

Do you want to know how much space will be required for full backups only of reversed incremental mode? What about backup files growth, that can show the trend of backup files size growth? How often do you run your backup jobs?

Thanks!
ceez
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Cesar

Post by ceez »

I run my jobs daily and currently have 4 different jobs with 7 day retention. So for those jobs, what is the total space required every month to put a monthly away.

I dont think I have enough history (About 1 month) to forecast backup file size growth.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Backup files growth report is based on historical information, it does not do forecasting. I was just trying to determine current backup file size and check the trend and then multiply it by 6-12 (according to the number of months you want to keep your backups for). Can you please generate this report?