Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 47 times

Exchange Server maintenance and Veeam Backup process ?

Post by albertwt »

Folks,

Can anyone here please share some thoughts and recommendation as to what should I need to do with the Veeam Backup (v7) during my Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server maintenance window ?

I'm going to perform mailbox database migration from one mailbox server to another duringthe after business hours and weekend, in that same time I know that Veeam is running to perform Exchange Server VM backup as well.

Do I need to stop anything before ?

Thanks
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Exchange Server maintenance and Veeam Backup process ?

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Is there an ability to perform maintenance right after the backup (so that you could restore if something goes unpredictable)? You could disable the job, run the backup manually, perform the maintenance and enable the job back.
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 47 times

Post by albertwt »

foggy wrote:Is there an ability to perform maintenance right after the backup (so that you could restore if something goes unpredictable)? You could disable the job, run the backup manually, perform the maintenance and enable the job back.
ok, so in general, it is safer to perform the maintenance outside of the Veeam backup on the Exchange Server VM window ?
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Though Exchange VM will most likely survive snapshotting during database migration, I would say it is safer to stagger these tasks.