Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
vinith
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Vinith Menon

Veeam 8.0 not detecting CSV's

Post by vinith »

Hello Team,

I configured off host backup proxy to test out our H/W vss integration but the CSV’s are not showing up when I click managed volumes on either of the Hyper-V hosts only the local drivers are showing up, I have MPIO and H/W vss provider installed on the hyper-v cluster and also on the off host backup proxy, can you let me know if there are any specific steps to be performed to detect CSV volumes in “Manage Volumes” windows ?

Case # 00710292

Thanks,
Vinith
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam 8.0 not detecting CSV's

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Vinith,

Do you mean that you do not see CSV volumes in the disk management tab of the Windows Server? Does your job fail to use off-host proxy server? What is the error message?

Thanks!
vinith
Novice

Post by vinith »

Hello Vitaliy - The CSV's are not showing up when i add a Hyper-V cluster into veeam, i even tried individually clicking on the hosts and selecting "manage volumes" while in the backup infrastructure tab and all im able to see is c:\ the csv's are not showing up. I have Veeam Hyper-V license too. I did a rescan of volumes too but the csv's are not showing up.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, so it's not about off-host proxy servers, but are about CSVs :) Please be aware that you cannot use the host as an off-host proxy which is part of Hyper-v Cluster added to the backup console. I guess this could be the reason for the behavior you observe.
vinith
Novice

Post by vinith »

Im not using the Hyper-V cluster as an off host proxy the Hyper-V cluster hosting the VM's is not showing csv's when i click on manage volumes.. i even tried a rescan, how can i post an image of the error ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can place at any 3rd party hosting site and then post a link here. Also please share the same picture with your support engineer.