Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Andy C
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew Crumpton

Feature Request - Backup Type/Mode

Post by Andy C »

Apologies if this has already been requested.

When you open the Control Panel and select a restore point, it would be useful to have a label at the top in addition to 'Backed up Items' to have a 'Backup Type' or 'Backup Mode' to state exactly what type of Backup was completed, Entire Computer, Volume Level or File Level.

For some this would be obvious by simply looking at the label 'Backed up items' or you could tell by the size of the backup, but for someone with no experience they would not know what type of backup had been completed.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Backup Type/Mode

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andrew,
I agree that if you backup Entire computer mode we should write the same in the ‘Backed up items’ label. Volume mode is ok, because the needed information is displayed even now. For folders I disagree, because user can select hundreds of folders for backup and in this case displaying such information is useless.
Andy C
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew Crumpton

Post by Andy C »

Hi Dmitry.

I wasn't thinking so much of showing each individual folder that was included in the backup because as you say there could potentially be hundreds of folders. I was thinking more of simply showing the backup mode that was selected such as:

'Backup Type: Entire Computer' or
'Backup Type: Volume Level' or
'Backup Type: File Level'

Just to indicate to the user which option of the three was selected in that particular backup.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Ok, got it. Thank you!