Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
s.stanchev
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Svilen Stanchev

Integration with Lenovo Thinkvantage and etc.

Post by s.stanchev »

I have a Lenovo laptop. Lenovo Solution Center (Thinkvantage tools) has a buil-in backup, but also you can use MS backup service. I am receiving messages from the Solution Center that I do not have backup policy. Integration with Lenovo could help not to have this massage. This is suitable also for HP and Dell's PC management tools.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Integration with Lenovo Thinkvantage and etc.

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Svilen,
Solution Center is a separate tool or you are referring to Windows Action Center?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Svilen,

I understand your concern. Having worked over the years with practically every vendor as a laptop, I know they all like to install there own tools and personalized "action centers". I think you also understand that integrating into these vendor management tools isn't that easy as most of them are pretty closed and therefore would require an interaction between those vendors and us. You never know what might happen, but as of today, I don't believe we can fix this.

But again, I understand the concern, and if there is an easy solution to fix this which we don't know about, I would love to hear about it

Thanks

Mike
s.stanchev
Service Provider

Post by s.stanchev »

d.popov wrote:Hello Svilen,
Solution Center is a separate tool or you are referring to Windows Action Center?
Yes. This a Lenovo tool. Which comes as standard with Think products.
s.stanchev
Service Provider

Post by s.stanchev »

Mike Resseler wrote:Hi Svilen,

I understand your concern. Having worked over the years with practically every vendor as a laptop, I know they all like to install there own tools and personalized "action centers". I think you also understand that integrating into these vendor management tools isn't that easy as most of them are pretty closed and therefore would require an interaction between those vendors and us. You never know what might happen, but as of today, I don't believe we can fix this.

But again, I understand the concern, and if there is an easy solution to fix this which we don't know about, I would love to hear about it

Thanks

Mike
Hi Mike,
I know it is not so important and will rate such an integration as NICE TO HAVE, not MUST HAVE.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Svilen,
I do not think we do not have available resources to integrate with every hardware vendor in the field but I guess, we could look into this if the hardware vendor reaches us.

And for sure we are open to support anything based on the customers feedback, so keep pushing :wink:
s.stanchev
Service Provider

Post by s.stanchev » 1 person likes this post

d.popov wrote:Svilen,
I do not think we do not have available resources to integrate with every hardware vendor in the field but I guess, we could look into this if the hardware vendor reaches us.

And for sure we are open to support anything based on the customers feedback, so keep pushing :wink:
Hi,

I solved the issue with error message. There was a check box: "I will use another backup tool". No more errors :-))))

Meanwhile, I think that it will be good idea to have integration with End-point management solutions (e.g. Landesk, MS SCCM/SCOM, Tivoli endpoint manager, Symantec). A lot of corporate customers are using them (especially MS SCCM/SCOM) and most of them have separate divisions for endpoint management and server management.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey 'Svilen,

Thanks for the notice. Good to know!

For the solutions such as SCCM, we will have a way to deploy it when v1 is GA so you can "package" it. (We promised it would be possible with group policies so...). As far as I know it will not be possible to deploy the backup policy with the standalone tool, but we take this request with us for further versions since this is a request we have seen a few times before on our forums

Brgds,

Mike