Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Simon
Novice
Liked: never

E-Mail Notifications Windows 8.1 Mail App

Post by Simon »

Hello

The email notifications sent by Veeam Backup v8 are not very well formatted for viewing on the Windows 8.1 modern-ui Mail App and on Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
Please update the mail templates that notifications are better readable on these devices.

Thank you.

Regards
Simon
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: E-Mail Notifications Windows 8.1 Mail App

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Simon,
We will double-check how email notifications look like with the described configuration and make according changes.
Thank you for bringing attention to such details!
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

The formatting flaw has been confirmed. It`s going to be adjusted in the future releases.
Thanks again for the heads up!
mabeeston
Novice
Full Name: Mark Beeston

Post by mabeeston »

Can you see if you can do the same for Gmail? (web especially) - the table and colours are completely lost. Tho i accept it may be a Gmail issue...
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

We will check it out as well. Thanks.
dgomes
Influencer
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: David

[Merged] : Google Apps email HTML

Post by dgomes »

Hello,
I just signed up to report this issue. Some of our customers are complaining after switching to google apps email services that Veeam emails no longer display HTML correctly.

The HTML table formatting is still there, so it is a CSS issue most likely.

I've contacted the google apps support about this and they say gmail does not support most CSS elements and suggested I change the HTML to apply formatting directly to elements instead of using CSS.

I'm not an HTML developer so I don't know what that is but I've looked around and don't see any way to modify the email HTML so I assume we can't. So is this something Veeam can look into so those customers who switch to google apps can get nice looking emails? Maybe add a "gmail support" check box in the email configuration?

This also seems to affect Veeam One, but I only have one google apps user who also has Veeam One so I can't confirm for sure.

Thanks,
Shestakov
Veteran

Re: Google Apps email HTML

Post by Shestakov »

Hello David and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing the problem. Just want to confirm if you are talking about notification emails. Are you?
I`ll contact our QA team for additional testing. Once I have a result, I post it here. Thanks!
dgomes
Influencer
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: David

Re: Google Apps email HTML

Post by dgomes » 3 people like this post

Hello,
Yes I am referring to the backup notification emails (the ones that are nicely formatted with green/yellow/red depending on status).
I asked the google apps support what the problem is and if there's any info I could provide to you, this was their reply:
Hi,

just let them know that Gmail does not fully support CSS styles. If they can move the "line coloring" section in Simple HTML format this should fix the issue,

Best Regards,
mabeeston
Novice
Full Name: Mark Beeston

Post by mabeeston »

This was what I was referring to in my post above - Veeam notification emails look terrible in Gmail

If I want them to look nice I have to use Outlook with Googles Outlook Sync plugin