Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
kewnev
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Nev

Feature (or Bug) Request - partial dir selections indication

Post by kewnev »

Firstly want to say that, even at this beta stage, I am liking this software!

Unsure whether this has already been submitted, but I noticed that when configuring a file-level backup it is unclear whether or not there are any unselected folders further down a directory tree, without having to manually inspect each folder.

For example, look at this selection ..

You might be inclined to think that all the above folders and its subfolders are selected for backup. But this is not the case. When I drill down...

... you can see a previously unselected folder. This can be dangerous as you may have things not getting backed up when you inadvertently think they are.

Each parent of an unselected folder should have its check box different, such as a greyed-out tick, so one knows that there are unselected items beneath it somewhere.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature (or Bug) Request - partial dir selections indica

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

So, if I get this straight, whenever you edit your backup job, you want to see with a full tick (the v) that you have selected all folders, and maybe with a half tick (something like a \ or something) when not all the subfolders are selected. Is that what you would like to see?

I'm not sure if that is an easy thing to change, but it does makes sense. It is the holiday season at this moment :-) but I'll see if I can reach out and see if it is something difficult or not.

Thanks

Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi guys,
For me it looks like a bug. I will get in touch with DEV team once the holidays are over. Thank you for bringing this up!
Tijani
Novice
Liked: never

Post by Tijani »

Hi,

More information about this issue :
Lets say A is a folder and B,C .. are subfolders of A.
If you select (B), the parent folder (A) is clearly partially selected (normal behavior).
If you select A (which selects all subfolders) then unselect one subfolder (B), the tick in front of (A) doesn't change from fully selected to partially selected.

Hope this helps.