Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cparker4486
Expert
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Chris

Please make it stop: "Exit without applying changes?"

Post by cparker4486 »

This message is nonsensical and unnecessary when no changes have been made. If no changes have been made the wizard(s) in B&R should close without warning when Cancel is clicked.

If I recall correctly, a while back Gostev recognized this as something needing to be fixed and stated it would happen in a future release. Now v8 update 1 is out and it's still present. I'm sure this fix just fell through the cracks but I hope this message will get it back on the devs' ToDo list.

-- Chris
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Please make it stop: "Exit without applying changes?"

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Chris,
If Anton said – it’s for sure in ToDo list. The dev team was heavily loaded last months, and I guess that is the main reason why it was postponed. Thanks for bringing this up!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Post by Gostev »

Yep, and that ToDo list has hundreds of other requests pending (some for years)... we cannot deliver everything at once, so it's all about priorities and value to the product - and to be perfectly honest, above is nowhere near being a terrible flaw that makes the product completely unusuable ;)
cparker4486
Expert
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Chris

Post by cparker4486 » 2 people like this post

Gostev wrote:...so it's all about priorities and value to the product - and to be perfectly honest, above is nowhere near being a terrible flaw that makes the product completely unusuable ;)
I believe Veeam is very responsive to customer needs and demands so I applaud you all for that. Veeam behaves differently (for the better!) than many many many tech companies in most regards. You guys are great and I'm a happy loyal customer. Having said that, I think the producers of software sometimes underestimate the impact on productivity UX problems like this one cause for their users.

Having said that, I'm certainly happier that I have built-in encryption than I am disappointed to see this issue still be present. :)
-- Chris