Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Error message

Post by marius roma »

My backup fails wit an error like:

"Error: The operation completed successfully. Failed to read '1048576' bytes from the device (received: '1044480'). Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. Exception from server: The operation completed successfully. Failed to read '1048576' bytes from the device (received: '1044480'). Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [43963]. Failed to download disk.".

What does the error mean? Should I suspect an HW problem in the disk or partition being backed up, in the target USB device or what else?
I got similar errors in the past days but repeating the backup was successfull.
Regards

Marius
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Error message

Post by Mike Resseler »

Marius,

We have another case open for this specific problem.http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint- ... 25107.html

this one is (as far as I know) still under investigation. We would appreciate it if you could also open a case and let us know the results (open a case through the support tab in control panel and then use the email support)

Thanks

Mike