Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
creativeTechie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Matthew L. Munger

Performing target backup data correction

Post by creativeTechie »

Does anyone know what this means? I have had a replication job stuck at 99% for several hours and the last entry is "Performing target backup data correction". It is holding up other backup jobs so I would like to figure out how much longer the process will take.

@creativeTechi
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Performing target backup data correction

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Matthew,

Did you do anything to the source VM? Is this the first job run? Did you have any failures prior this run?

Thanks!
jpaul
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Justin Paul

Post by jpaul »

Im having the same issue on a cloud connect job. Is there any way to tell how long it will take or how much data it has to go.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Data correction mechanism is used when WAN acceleration is enabled on the job (either replication or backup copy) and is performed if some sort of data corruption has occurred during transfer. Veeam B&R always knows what data is correct and checks whether the correct data is actually saved on the target; in case this check reveals some inconsistencies (due to connection drops, etc.), it autocorrects the written blocks. It does not show how much data it is going to correct though, the amount of corrected data is displayed when the process completes.
mrholm
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Mats Holm

[MERGED] WAN accelrator start giving "Performing target backup data correction"

Post by mrholm »

Hi
We have using WAN accelerator for long period of time, we have over 30 remote offices copying data to 3 central offices using WAN accelerator all on 9.5.4
It has worked fine but the last couple of days several of these start showing "Performing target backup data correction" and it of course pause the copy job while correcting the data. The problem is that it takes so long time over WAN links so that the copy interval stops and then on the next day it starts over.
I haven't reported this to support yet since it's a little bit hard to see if this is just coinsidence or a pattern so I ask in the forum, have anyone seen this in their environment?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Mats, this is expected behavior in case some sort of corruption is detected, please see above. I'd extend the interval temporarily to let the process autocorrect everything and then it should continue normally.