Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kyoon@casusa.com
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ken Yoon

Restoring an item using Veeam Explorer for Active Directory

Post by kyoon@casusa.com »

Hello All,

I use B&R v8 to backup Active Directory 2008 VM. I was testing restoring a deleted user with Exchange 2010 mailbox. I was able to successfully restore Active Directory user. I see the user as enabled User Mailbox from Exchange Management Console. However, I see identical one under Disconnected Mailbox in Exchange Management Console as disabled mailbox. I couldn't access the OWA using the account. I was getting NDR when attempted sending email to the user. So, I disabled "the enabled Mailbox" for the user in Exchange Management Console. Then, I re-enabled the one under disconnected mailbox by Connecting to restored AD user account. After that, I was able to access OWA and send email to the account. Is this normal precedure to restore AD account & connect to disconnected mailbox? :?: :?:
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Restoring an item using Veeam Explorer for Active Direct

Post by foggy »

Ken, normally Veeam Explorer for AD should automatically reconnect the mailbox to the restored user. I recommend contacting technical support to investigate why this didn't happen.
kyoon@casusa.com
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ken Yoon

Post by kyoon@casusa.com »

foggy, Thank you! I will do that.
ExpertTrigger
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Post by ExpertTrigger »

I'm not sure about the mailbox not working correctly. But, I've seen the same issue with a mailbox being restored in our environment after restoring an AD user, where you see it in both places. (this isn't a Veeam issue, or an issue at all really)

Here's what is happening, Exchange runs a job to clean up the mailbox database, which can be seen here. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... .141).aspx

So, if you want to kick it off manually (and make the Disconnected-Mailbox screen look correct more quickly) run this command in your exchange shell:

Code: Select all

Clean-MailboxDatabase MBD01
This example cleans the mailbox database MBD01

Hope that helps.