Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
MartinH
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Hodgson

CPU Costop Report

Post by MartinH »

Hi,

We have VEEAM MP 6.5 and I am interested in VM's with high CPU Costop issues. I wondered if there is a way of producing a report on VM's that have costop
issues. I can go to individual VM's and use the cpuCoStopPct counter. But I wondered if anyone knew how to pull a report on costop from MP?

Thanks, Martin.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: CPU Costop Report

Post by sergey.g » 1 person likes this post

Hi Martin,

Veeam Management Pack has out of the box reports which could work for you.

Veeam VMware Performance History Reports \ Virtual Machines. CPU Performance History - just uncheck all the other metrics except cpuCoStopPct and you will get history for all VMs, you can optionally group everything into a single chart, by selecting to split into sections by counter and displaying one chart for all objects.

Veeam VMware Performance History Reports \ Global. Top (Bottom) N Contained Objects or Instances - specify all VMs as a scope and select VmGuest cpuCoStopPct counter

You might want also to check our new version 7, in which you can create a heatmap of VMs on hosts in a certain cluster which will highlight VMs with CPU Co-Stop issues. For instance you can display number of CPUs (or CPU usage in MHz) as a VM size and CPU Co Stop as a color, this way you will see if certain VMs are experiencing co-stop issues and if there are any other "fat" VMs (in terms of vCPU number or CPU usage) on the host which may be the cause.
MartinH
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Hodgson

Re: CPU Costop Report

Post by MartinH »

Thanks for this information.