Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ecaspers
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Eelco Caspers

excessive memory and cpu usage veeam one server

Post by ecaspers »

Hello,

i'm currently testing veeam one to use as a monitoring solution for our virtual (vmware) environment.
Just installed the latest (free) version on a fully patched win2k8 r2 virtual machine.

I noticed that over the course of a day or 3 the vm's memory usage grows to 100%.
Memory is used bij the veeamdcs.exe proces. after a reboot everytihng is reset and the memory usage starts growing to 100%.

How can I resolve this issue ?

Regards.
E.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: excessive memory and cpu usage veeam one server

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Eelco,
Could you provide more information about the issue?
How much memory is allocated to the VM running Veeam One services, how much do they use in absolute terms? What is your infrastructure size(number of hosts, VMs)? Where do you have SQL server installed? What version of Veeam One are you using?
Thank you!
Greebs
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andrew Mc

Post by Greebs » 1 person likes this post

Seeing exactly the same, but after an upgrade from V7. veeamdcs.exe just grows and grows. Case 00736514 has been logged for this issue.
dferry
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Don Ferry

Post by dferry »

I am also seeing a memory run off with the Veeam Data Collection service. This is on a stand alone server (no virtualization) with 12 GB of memory. I have to restart the sever prior to the backup run. The service with take all available memory over the course of a few days. I restarted the server on Friday and by Sunday it has consumed 7GB of memory. The server will be maxed out on memory by the end of the day Monday. We recently upgraded to Veeam 9.0 when we noticed the issue, but I believe this has been happening for several months. Also to note, when the service has the memory maxed out, it fails doing the backups to tape. By this thread, it seems there are several people having this issue. So I do not believe this is a one on one issue with the software and hope to see a patch VERY soon for this issue. Any suggestions on a solution to this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Don,
Do you have Veeam ONE and Veeam Backup and Replication installed on the same machine? Could you also provide the current product version? Thanks!