Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
blodsbror
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Evan Williams

Remove old backup points from database

Post by blodsbror »

Hi,

I have been doing some reconfiguring of jobs during my initial setup of Veeam (deleting some, and creating new ones with the same VM's) and also deleting the backup data for those deleted jobs. How can I purge those from the Veeam database, so that they don't appear when searching for VM's in a restore job ?. Just to make things a bit more tidy...

thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Remove old backup points from database

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Evan,

If you don't need these VMs anymore, you can click on their backups and choose to delete from disk option. Additionally, you can adjust your retention policy settings as well as delete catalog data (if you're using VM indexing option).

Thanks!
blodsbror
Enthusiast

Post by blodsbror »

Thanks for reply. I'm not sure if I fully follow. I still need the VM's, as they have been added to new jobs I have created. It's just that when I want to restore VM 'x', then both the old deleted job and the new job show in the available restore points. To delete the old jobs originally, I just removed them from Veeam and deleted the folder from disk.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

blodsbror wrote:I just removed them from Veeam and deleted the folder from disk.
Yes, this is what I'm referring to > Removing from Disk and Retention Policy for Deleted VMs. Is this what you've done and still see VMs in the backup files?
blodsbror
Enthusiast

Post by blodsbror »

I understand now. I never knew that functionality was there. I have managed to remove the old jobs. Exactly what I needed, thanks :)