Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
nterreault
Influencer
Liked: never

Backup to tape job after an Active Full

Post by nterreault »

Hi,

Now that we can select latest .vbk file in the job to tape, we are doing some test right now for functionality around backup to tape job. In v7 we where doing File to Tape manually.

I have made a test job let say B_TEST which run manually, i have actually run a couple of active full and incremental. Now i want to test the functionality for Backup to tape job of the latest vbk.
I made a COPY TO TAPE job which start after B_TEST is run. In B_TEST (in Storage) i have had the secondary target set as the COPY TO TAPE job.

My question is is not suppose to start right after my active full is finish ?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backup to tape job after an Active Full

Post by veremin »

Can you elaborate on what particular job you're talking about? Which one should not start after active full backup creation? Backup copy or backup to tape job? Thanks.
nterreault
Influencer

Post by nterreault »

Ok will try to elaborate more.

B_TEST is a backup to disk. We runned a couple of test to have data.
B_TEST is configure to run incremental from Monday to Thursday and Synthetic Full on Friday

For the test i ran a B_TEST Active Full then I have schedule a BACKUP TO TAPE JOB to run automaticaly after completion of B_TEST.

The result the BACKUP TO TAPE JOB didnt start automaticaly after completion of B_TEST as requested in the config. Is the backup to tape job configure to run only on synthetic full or can be run on Active full ?

i'm not sure to understand why this is the case ?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

For the test i ran a B_TEST Active Full then I have schedule a BACKUP TO TAPE JOB to run automatically after completion of B_TEST.The result the BACKUP TO TAPE JOB dint start automatically after completion of B_TEST as requested in the config.
I think the described behaviour is expected. If you run a source job manually (outside of actual schedule), the linked job (backup to tape job, in your case) won't be executed. Thanks.
nterreault
Influencer

Post by nterreault »

so i the place of choosing to run after, i should choose once new file appear, then the manual trigger should not change anything in that case ?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Correct.