Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Keyser
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Repository Full to Tape not working?

Post by Keyser »

Hi

I'm having a bit of an issue with Tape backup.

I have several backup jobs that does an active Full to my repository every friday evening and into saturday. My intention is then to make sure all the FULL backups are copied to Tape afterwards.

So i Have created a Tape Job that has my entire repository as Source, and I have configured it to only handle FULL backups (Not incremental). I Scheduled the Tape job to start Sunday because then all the active FULL jobs have completed.
But every time my Tape job Runs it never finds any data in any of the Jobs it's monitoring on the repository. So there's never any data to add to tape even though a Full was just completed the day before.

What am I doing wrong?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Repository Full to Tape not working?

Post by veremin »

What happens if you change the source to backup job, instead of repository? Will it make any difference? What message does a backup to tape job throws? Thanks.
Keyser
Enthusiast

Post by Keyser »

Hmmm, I think I have stumbled upon a bug. When using the repository as source it correctly lists all jobs that has this repository as destination, but all of them has no files to backup to tape, so the job ends succesfully (but no data is moved to tape.)

If I change the job and select specific jobs as source and asks it to only take the latest chain, then the job fails with a "failed to detect backup files to copy to tape from xxxxJOBxxxx_clone1". There's no further explanation.

Could this be a renaming issue? All my jobs are originally clones from other jobs (now deleted). So the backup folders are named xxxxJOBxxxx_clone1, but i have later on renamed the jobs to the name the original (now deleted) source job had.
I actually deleted one of my jobs (a template backup job) og recreated it. After it's run it is now the only succesfull job to be archived to tape in my weekly tapejob.

So something is wrong.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hmmm, something might have gone wrong, and now the database might have some references to obsolete jobs. Your case doesn't look expected, so, it will be appreciated to open a ticket with our support team and provide them with required logs? In the meantime, I will ask our QA team to take a look at this issue. Thanks.
Keyser
Enthusiast

Post by Keyser »

Done. Case ID: 00731045

Thanks for helping out