Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
kacsp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Veeam ONE connection to remote Proxy error

Post by kacsp »

I've just built a Veeam ONE Server for evaluation purposes, and all's working fine except that Veeam ONE Monitor is throwing an error for a single remote VMware Proxy we have positioned on the other side of a Firewall, and it looks like it's because there's no connection through the Firewall for the two:

Fired by event: VeeamBpPerfCollectionFailedEvent
Event description: Failed to collect performance data for object *.*.*.*. The network path was not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070035). This is the last record for this event. All other entries will be suppressed according to error reporting policy.
Initiated by: Veeam ONE Monitor (SERVER NAME)

This remote Proxy is showing in the Veeam B&R Server OK, with our Firewall configured to allow a connection from the Veeam B&R Server, but the Firewall hasn't yet been configured to allow the Veeam ONE Server to connect directly to the remote Proxy.

My question is about how Veeam ONE collects monitoring data from the remote Proxy: Is data collected by Veeam ONE directly from the remote Proxy, in which case I'll need to open Firewall ports up to allow this, or does Veeam ONE collect monitoring data from the Veeam B&R Server itself, in which case, as these're both on the same subnet, I'd be looking at some other configuration issue?

And if I need to open up Firewall ports, what would be needed to monitor just a Proxy, nothing else, running on a Windows Server?

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2718 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam ONE connection to remote Proxy error

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Veeam ONE uses different connections to retrieve data about Veeam B&R infrastructure. The first connection is done directly to the Veeam B&R server to get all backup-related data, such as jobs, protected VMs, backup components etc. The other connection is done directly to Veeam backup components to collect performance data from Windows host hosting backup proxy, backup repository. Based on the error message I see, the second collection fails due to firewall issue.

In order to resolve that you need to allow firewall rules that would allow Veeam ONE collect performance counters from the Windows box hosting backup proxy.

Here is a list of ports that is required by Veeam ONE server: http://helpcenter.veeam.com/one/80/depl ... ports.html

Let me know if that helps!
kacsp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Re: Veeam ONE connection to remote Proxy error

Post by kacsp »

That's fine, thanks for that...