Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kjstech
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Keith S

Veeam 8 not abiding by backup job window?

Post by kjstech »

Hello,

I have a backup job that is still running but our backup window shows it should NOT be running between 7 am and 5 pm today. This machine is in EST time zone and sync'd with AD. Veeam is 8.0.0.917 on virtual Server 2012 R2 in a vmware environment. The only thing different about this backup is that I right clicked on it and selected Active Full. Does the backup window not apply when you force run it? In v7 I know when I tried to regally run a job outside the window (not active full), it stopped immediately.

Normally the job would have completed by now as full backups are only on Saturdays with incrementals during the week. There is not enough time in a weekday to complete a full backup, but I had to run this as our backups became corrupted for this job due to running out of space on the target. It's not a big deal now because looking at the statistics, only a few ancillary machines are left, which will not be a big deal when they are stunned for snapshot removal.

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam 8 not abiding by backup job window?

Post by foggy »

Keith, you're correct, manual job execution does not respect the specified backup window in v8. This was an intentional change comparing to the previous version.
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

Maybe we can add a popup warning that user is about to execute a job originally confured with a backup window? Then it can decide to run it anyway or cancel.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If you're about to execute the job manually, most likely you need it to finish. ;)
kjstech
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Keith S

Post by kjstech »

This is good to know.

A dialog box may be a good idea with a "do not show this message again" checkbox for those who may become annoyed by it.