Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gparker
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: George Parker

B&R v8 install fails System Configuration Check

Post by gparker »

Hi, I'm trying to install Veeam B&R v8 on a new Windows Storage Server 2012-R2 box (HP StorEasy 1640). The server is a member of my Domain and I am logged onto it as the local Administrator. When the installer gets to the System Configuration Check, the "SQL System CLR Types" and the "SQL 2012 Management Objects" checks both come up as failed. So I hit the "Install" button and the "enabling missing features, please wait" message appears with the "progress wheel" rotating underneath. It's been like this for 20 minutes! It appears to be stuck but I don't want to abort it. Please advise.

Regards,
George.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: B&R v8 install fails System Configuration Check

Post by veremin »

I'd recommend to wait for some time and abort the tasks, if nothing happens. Then, it stands to reason to install those components manually and try to re-install product.

If even that fails, please, open a ticket with our support team, since it's hard to identify the problem without seeing the installation logs.

Thanks.
gparker
Enthusiast

Post by gparker »

Hi Vladimir, thanks for your reply. Will I find those 2 components in a folder on the B&R install media, or do I have to search the internet for them?

Am I right in saying that it's ok to install B&R logged on as the local Administrator account, or do I have to be logged on as a Domain account? Does it make any difference? Can you also confirm that B&R v8 can be installed on Windows 2012 R2 Storage Server?

Regards,
George.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

I must have missed the part about Storage server. If my memory serves mew well, Proxy and Repository components will work on that platform OK. The UI will not, since .NET is required. Thanks.
gparker
Enthusiast

Post by gparker »

So can I just go to Roles and Features and enable .NET, then retry the install? Why doesn't the pre-requisite checker detect that .NET is required? The B&R User Guide says "Veeam Backup & Replication requires .NET Framework 4. If it is not available, the Veeam Backup & Replication setup will install it on your computer.". I can't see any mention in the user guide that 2012 Storage Server isn't supported.

Regards,
George.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

On the other hand, it is not in the list of supported platforms, as well (was not specifically tested).
gparker
Enthusiast

Post by gparker » 2 people like this post

Hi, problem solved :) It ended up being caused by a failed attempt to install the vSphere Client on the server which prevented B7R from installing. The Windows Application log revealed that B&R refused to install because of a pending failed install of the vSphere Client. I un-installed the vSphere Client, restarted the server and B&R installed ok.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Hi, George,

Thank you for taking your time, and updating the topic with the found resolution; much appreciated.
gparker
Enthusiast

Post by gparker »

No problem. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me for posting so promptly.

Regards,
George.