Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
glennsantacruz
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Glenn Santa Cruz

Backup & Replication want to purchase - SKU?

Post by glennsantacruz »

What is the Veeam Backup & Replication product SKU ?

I've seen at least two ( with different price points ):
S-VBU-B1-A
G-VBU-B1-A
Both of these SKUs are listed for a tier of 1-50 sockets, but I can't determine any other differences (other than cost from the reseller).
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Backup & Replication want to purchase - SKU?

Post by Gostev »

Glenn, the product is licensed per physical CPU socket on processed ESX hosts. As for specific SKUs, this is one of very few questions about our products that I cannot answer :) It would be best if you contact our sales or your preferred reseller for the quote.
glennsantacruz
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Glenn Santa Cruz

Post by glennsantacruz »

Correct - I was aware of the licensing model, and I have already contacted resellers regarding a quote for the product. However, when they ask me which SKU I want, I'm at a loss - I tell them I want "Veeam backup & replication, X sockets", and they say, "Here are two sku's that fit your need - which do you want?"

I'll send a message to Veeam sales.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Hmm... it sounds like your reseller does not know the difference? They really should have provided you with information about what specific SKU is - instead of asking you to just pick SKU you like. :)

Every SKU is described in the same line, I've seen those sales docs before. I will let our sales management know of this situation.

If the difference between SKUs is not significant, my guess is that this is about different support levels (basic vs. premium). Anyhow, our sales representative will assist you now and provide with all required information.