Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Jimmy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: James Lambert

replica.vbk' on the destination host exist, but belong

Post by Jimmy »

Hi Guys. I deleted one of the replica folders by mistake on my backup san and now the replica job fails with the following error." replica.vbk' is missing from destination host 'dcesx-drs.dominic.tas.edu.au'. If you are using initial replica seeding, please follow the instruction from the readme.txt file in the chosen seeding location. If you changed replica destination in the replication job settings, please make sure you have moved all replica files to the new destination correctly. " I have tried to remove and re-add the server to the replica job but the same error occurs. This Job has 8 servers being replicated. 7 finish with no problem but the 8th always fails. I created a new Job with that one server which completes ok but I need to add it to the first job. After performing the single server replica job I now get this error on the multi server job.
Checking destination
Replica VM file '/vmfs/volumes/4b71f9a0-4193e4d8-2e91-001a647881d4/VeeamBackup/RADIUS(vm-951)/replica.vbk' on the destination host exist, but belong to another replication job 'Critical Servers'.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: replica.vbk' on the destination host exist, but belong

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello James,

Could you please clarify what files have you accidentally deleted from the destination storage? I'm afraid you should perform your replication job from scratch. You have two options, so you could move further:

Either select your replica in the backup console under replica node and on the right click choose Remove from Replicas option, it will remove all the records about deleted files from Veeam SQL configuration DB, then you should be able to rerun the job. But you should make sure you've cleaned all dependent replica files that are still residing on the destination storage.

Or you can choose Delete from Disk option, it will remove records about replica files from the Veeam Backup configuration database and remove actual replica files from the destination storage. After that your next job should be successfull.

Thank you!
Jimmy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: James Lambert

Re: replica.vbk' on the destination host exist, but belong

Post by Jimmy »

Hi Vitaliy, Sorry I failed to make my point clear in the first post. I did as you suggested and after choosing "Remove from Replicas" I sadly created the problem I was desparately trying to avoid. I had 8 VM's being replicated to a SAN data store. I deleted the folder containing 1 of the server replicas. When the Replica job ran on next schedule is was successful on 7 of the 8 servers. The 1 with the deleted folder failed with the error listed in the first post. I did not want to recreate the whole replica job from scratch as it took 2 days to complete the first time. I just wanted to add the one failing server back to the existing job.

Now that I have performed the "Remove from Replicas" function all 8 servers in the Replica job fail with "replica.vbk already exists". I now need to delete them from the data store and start again. Although this is a solution, I was trying to avoid starting from scratch.

Thanks for trying I appreciate the effort.

James