Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Rakesh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rakesh Kumar

Information Required

Post by Rakesh »

Hi All,

First of all i'm new to Veeam product. Can anyone make me understand below things as i'm unable to understand in Helpcenter.

1. How to differentiate between retention period and restore point and how each of these works for Active and Synthetic full backup.
2. is it possible to have different repository for full(Synthetic and Active) and incremental backup. if yes then how to do it
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Information Required

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Rakesh,

1. Retention period for regular backup jobs is the same as number of restore points to keep. Can you please tell me a bit more on where the confusion comes from?
2. No, it's not possible. The entire backup chain should be stored in the same repository. Can you please share your use case why you need that?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As to different backup mode, these visual animations might be helpful. Thanks.
Rakesh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rakesh Kumar

Post by Rakesh »

Hi Vitaliy/Eramin,

We have one job configured with Active full which runs on Friday and incremental runs from Monday to Sunday except Saturday and Friday. restore point is configured in job is 5 but when we do the restoration it says 10. So its making me little bit confused. We have opened ticket(Case # 00742027) with support person as well. I'm not sure how to attach screenshot. if you can guide me then i'll attach it for your reference.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please take a look at this thread for more information about forward incremental backup mode and active full backups > I have more restore points than I should - Please help