Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nsangregorio
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Nicolas Sangregorio

Problem with NFS and Files

Post by nsangregorio »

Hi everyone,

This is my first experience with veeam. I try add a nfs repositories (from a local freenas) in veeam but i have a problem. When add a NFS server could authenticate with the credentials but when I wanted to create a backup job, does not appear in the repository options my NFS Server. I try see this server in the options FILES but return a error.

I attach screenshots in Veeam Server and my NFS config in freenas

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Problem with NFS and Files

Post by Gostev »

Hi, actually Veeam simply does not support NFS shares as a repository directly. Please, review the System Requirements. Thanks!
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

NFS mounted to a Linux repository is fine though - even recommended over CIFS in some cases. I can't tell, were you trying to add the FreeNAS directly as a Linux repository (in which case NFS is irrelevant), or is the FreeNAS mounted to a Linux server via NFS, and the problem is connecting to the Linux server? If the latter, then you may have some missing Perl packages, or perhaps a permissions issue if you're using a non-root account.

If you're trying to add the FreeNAS as Linux, I believe it's actually based on FreeBSD, which isn't a supported repository OS.
nsangregorio
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Nicolas Sangregorio

Post by nsangregorio »

Perfect,

Thanks All!