Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cby
Expert
Liked: 6 times

Email notification associated with backup job

Post by cby »

Hi

Veeam Backup permits a single group of multiple mail recipients when issuing email notification of the outcome of backup jobs. However, I need to send emails to different groups of recipients based on the job itself. We host multiple VMs for different customers. Ideally, we would like to send email notifications to the customers associated with each VM (and backup job) as well as to the operations team. There does not appear to be a way of doing this in Veeam.

Have I missed a trick or is this something that could be incorporated in a future release? I could script a forwarding rule from my own mail client (as part of the operations team) which on receipt of the email forwards to the appropriate customer but that's a bit of a kludge.

Any suggestions? For example, is there a way to run a post backup script to incorporate email transmission so we don't have to depend on the restricted email notification provided in Veeam?

Thanks...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6693 times

Re: Email notification associated with backup job

Post by Gostev »

Hello, yes - we already have the ability to customize recipients on per-job basis implemented in v5. Thanks!