Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lousolaresflorida
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Lou Yovin

user to user forums?

Post by lousolaresflorida »

I see that one cannot post a technical question or ask for help on errors here unless one has a support case. Is there some other forum where users help users who are running in trial mode? I have perused and followed the suggestions/fixes in the KB and still have the problem. Link to a friendly place for newbies would be appreciated.

Lou
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: user to user forums?

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Lou,
In spite of the fact you are running trial version, you can contact Veeam technical support and get help with your errors.
Thanks.
lousolaresflorida
Novice

Post by lousolaresflorida »

10-4. Will do.
Thanks,

Lou
lousolaresflorida
Novice

Post by lousolaresflorida » 1 person likes this post

Quick update, I can't fully test until later in the week but I am 99.9% sure it is fixed. Short circuit between the earphones.
I will post this in case anyone as dense as me does the same thing. You may prefer to delete it all. Could not do a backup of a Windows 2012R2 server with Exchange 2013. It had worked several times, all during server setup. Just before putting on line, I did a "final" backup. V8 failed, could not make the shadow copy. System backup worked OK and truncated logs.
Finally wised up and tried to make a snapshot with Vsphere Client. Failed same way. Some dummy created an Exchange Database on an independent disk, Exchange VSS Writer failed trying to eyeball that database.
Too soon old, too late smart :oops:
(fortunately, I didn't bother support with this)

Lou