Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: qq

cannot mount powerNFS

Post by 20100 »

Hi
Trying the instant recovery and I cannot get PowerNFS to work.
It fails with the following error:

Code: Select all

Checking if vPower NFS datastore is mounted on host
unable to mount vPower NFS volume (VEEAM:/VeeamBackup_VEEAM). 192.168.110.12: Fault "PlatformConfigFaultFault", detail "Sysinfo set operation VSI_MODULE_NODE_mount failed with error status The NFS server denied the mount request
 An error occurred during host configuration.                          
error    Failed to publish VM new Error: Unable to mount vPower NFS volume (VEEAM:/VeeamBackup_VEEAM). 192.168.110.12: Fault "PlatformConfigFaultFault", detail "Sysinfo set operation VSI_MODULE_NODE_mount failed with error status The NFS server denied the mount request." 

I tried to manually add the NFS store on the ESXi but failed with similar error.
From ESXi I can vmkping the veeam server

Do I need to check if the NFS server port is allowed on ESX firewall?
What should be the default port on PowerNFS (so many ports in the config, not sure which one is the correct one)

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: cannot mount powerNFS

Post by veremin »

All the required ports are mentioned here; might be worth reviewing. As to the vPowerNFS issue, can you try to uninstall vPower NFS Service, then, go to the settings of default repository (or whatever one that runs vPower NFS role), and click "Next" till the very end. This will allow you to reinstall necessary components; might be helpful.

If nothing helps, kindly, open a ticket with our support team.

Thanks.
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: qq

Post by 20100 » 2 people like this post

Just to let people know in case someone has the similar issue: the problem was with the Windows NFS feature already installed. Once removed, Veeam PowerNFS worked. It was a brand new server pre-installed with Windows Storage Server 2012R2...

Cheers
danblee
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan B. Lee

Post by danblee »

Just a note as this is a fairly old post. I worked with Support 20100's answer is still the correct way to fix this issue.

Manage > Remove Roles and Features > Server Roles > File and Storage Services > File and iSCSI Services > Server for NFS

You must reboot afterwards in order for it to work.
rhys.hammond
Veeam Software
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Rhys Hammond

Post by rhys.hammond »

Can confirm, experienced the same symptoms and removing 'Server for NFS' resolved the issue.
VBR / Repository is HPE StoreEasy 1460 with Windows Storage Server 2016 standard.
Veeam Certified Architect | Author of http://rhyshammond.com | Veeam Vanguard | vExpert