Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gmorris
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Glen Morris

Job Summary

Post by gmorris »

I really like the idea of the Job Summary but it would be nice to have an option to only report on Errors if all retries fail, currently if a job fails but then on 1 or more retries succeeds the report still shows the Errors, this may be nice to know but from a summary is miss leading. [i.e. if all jobs complete successfully after 4 jobs retry 5 times it will show 5 Errors] it would be nice to have a Job Summary that only has the last job status instead of the status of all the job attempts.

Glen
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Job Summary

Post by veremin »

Haven't you tried Enterprise Manager daily job summary report; might be exactly what you're looking for. Thanks.
gmorris
Enthusiast

Post by gmorris »

I find the Reporting in Veeam to be lacking compared to what you may expect especially when it comes to automated reporting, Yes I can usually find the information I am looking for with the built-in reports but it is a manual process. The Job Summary in the Notifications tab of Backup Enterprise Manager looked promising but it is lacking the ability to fine tune to customize. It would be nice to be able to create your own custom automated reports.
gmorris
Enthusiast

Post by gmorris »

I believe I have found a parameter that shows the Latest session %4 -%6 instead of %1 - %3
hopefully this works,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

On a side note, if you want to have a lot more flexible reporting for your backups, then I would suggest considering Veeam ONE (part of Availability Suite) which contains a bunch of predefined report templates for backup.
gmorris
Enthusiast

Post by gmorris »

Veeam One would be great but unfortunately you need the paided version to get Backup reports.
I understand the reason Veeam is using Veeam One for reports for Backups but it is unfortunate that Backup & Replication only users do not have access to report on the Backups properly.