Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
SnelsonIT
Novice
Liked: never

Error: Windows cannot finda system imageon this computer

Post by SnelsonIT »

So we are kicking the the tires on Veeam Endpoint Backup and Recovery. I'm trying to go through the entire backup and recovery process, since we get a lot of virus infected computers.

I create the image, burn it to disk. I reboot the system and boot to the disk. Veeam Endpoint Recovery comes up, I choose "Windows Recovery Environment" and immediately get the error "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach a backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options."

The recovery disk is in the drive, so why isn't it working? Any help would be great.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error: Windows cannot finda system imageon this computer

Post by Dima P. »

Hi SnelsonIT,

What happens if you manually browse for backup file on the first step of the wizard?
SnelsonIT
Novice

Post by SnelsonIT »

d.popov wrote:Hi SnelsonIT,

What happens if you manually browse for backup file on the first step of the wizard?
Nothing appears on a refresh, I can click "advanced" but the two options are not what I want (search for image on network, install a driver).
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Try the Bare Metal Recovery if you want to recover from the Veeam backup files. Windows Recovery Environment works with native windows backups only.
SnelsonIT
Novice

Post by SnelsonIT »

d.popov wrote:Try the Bare Metal Recovery if you want to recover from the Veeam backup files. Windows Recovery Environment works with native windows backups only.
Will that recover my programs too? Or will I have to reinstall everything?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Will that recover my programs too? Or will I have to reinstall everything?
Sure it does. Just make sure you are restoring the entire machine or all existing volumes.