Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
eantonio
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Emil Antonio

Using Netapp configured with NFS/CIFS Share

Post by eantonio »

Case -00810908

I am using Netapp as my backup target. I created two volumes, one as NFS and other as CIFS share. I run my job once a night and the job will run fine one night and then fail the next day. I would try to retry the jobs manually and sometimes it will go through but most of the time, it will fail. It doesnt matter if my target is NFS or CIFS, the results are the same.
I decided to change my backup target to a local disk in my Veeam server and that seemed to fix the issue.
Looks like there's a bug using NFS/CIFS storage? Anybody else having this issue?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Using Netapp configured with NFS/CIFS Share

Post by veremin »

Are there any particular errors you came across?
eantonio
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Emil Antonio

Post by eantonio »

I submitted the errors to the engineer working on my case. We tried different settings on the backup job. He also tried applying a patch to my veeam server. non of them worked. The jobs are still failing randomly. Ultimately, changing my backup target to local disk fixed it.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

eantonio wrote:Looks like there's a bug using NFS/CIFS storage? Anybody else having this issue?
Not in general, there are no bugs with CIFS/NFS - these are very popular targets used by tens of thousands of our users. So, much more likely here is an issue with the particular storage device you are trying to leverage as the backup repository. As the first troubleshooting step, I would try sharing out a folder on the same local disk that works for you, and backing up there.