Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
loelly
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jens Siegmann

Enterprise Manager for v7 AND v8?

Post by loelly »

So, I have a couple of Veeam B+R servers, all managed by one Enterprise Manager. I'm currently starting to upgrade from v7 to v8 and it's recommended to upgrade the Enterprise Manager first.

My question is, does the v8 Enterprise Manager support both v7 and v8 releases of B+R servers?

And: does it accept two or more license files now (for Hyper-V and VMware)? In the past it was limited to just one license file.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Enterprise Manager for v7 AND v8?

Post by foggy »

loelly wrote:My question is, does the v8 Enterprise Manager support both v7 and v8 releases of B+R servers?
Yes, Enterprise Manager v8 supports previous versions (namely 6.5 and 7.0) of backup servers, so they can coexist some time during the upgrade of your environment.
loelly wrote:And: does it accept two or more license files now (for Hyper-V and VMware)? In the past it was limited to just one license file.
No changes here, you would need a single merged license file.
loelly
Enthusiast

Post by loelly »

Thanks. Is a v8 license also valid for v7 installations? Or would I need a merged license file for v7, v8 and both VMware and Hyper-V?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You would need a new license for v8 servers. To allow different versions to coexist, you can temporarily disable license update on some backup servers.
loelly
Enthusiast

Post by loelly »

Thanks again, but the link you just provided says I'm not authorized to view the page. Maybe it's a Veeam-internal post?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Yes, sorry for that. Please contact support to get the registry key to disable this behavior.