Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
johanA
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Johan Andersson

improvement of view Last 24 hours and in General E-Mail Noti

Post by johanA »

The View called "Last 24 hours" this view is good that it exists but the backup overlap eachother for 24 hours. Would like to have a view called Last 12 hours to get a better view of the backup jobs. The emails that can be set in Enterprise Manager would also be good if you could get a parameter called Last 12 houres as a complement
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: improvement of view Last 24 hours and in General E-Mail

Post by veremin »

The View called "Last 24 hours" this view is good that it exists but the backup overlap eachother for 24 hours.
What do you mean by overlap? You mean there is a backup job executed several times during a day? I

I'm not sure whether I understand the use case of the said report. It seems to be already there, as you can just sort out jobs, using start time, to get jobs in chronological order and don't pay attention to the session that took place more than 12 hours before.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Take a look at predefined report "Last Backup Job State" in Veeam ONE (part of Availability Suite), might be exactly what you're after.
johanA
Novice

Post by johanA »

Hi

Of course, I can select the bay doing that. All of our 26 jobs jobs started at 22.00 and are ready sometime after midnight. if I want to select the jobs that have warning or failed state, I see also the ones that have the status from the night before. It's the same thing in the mail from enterprice manager. I get a message that says how many jobs that have the status warning and failed for 24 hours. The email sent daily at: 7: 30, which means we get with 2-night job in the mail.

Hope it explain a bit what I mean
johanA
Novice

Post by johanA »

I would do it if we had Veeam one installed, which we have not
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Of course, I can select the bay doing that. All of our 26 jobs jobs started at 22.00 and are ready sometime after midnight. if I want to select the jobs that have warning or failed state, I see also the ones that have the status from the night before. It's the same thing in the mail from enterprice manager. I get a message that says how many jobs that have the status warning and failed for 24 hours. The email sent daily at: 7: 30, which means we get with 2-night job in the mail.
Can you elaborate on that a bit? You're saying that you're getting notification regarding two job sessions (one from the previous night, and another from the night before)?

Providing that report is generated at 7-30 and, say, by 1 am all jobs have been finished, the said report includes information regarding ~30 hour old session (07:30 - 01:00 = 6:30 hours; 01:00 - 01:00 [the night before] = 24 hours: 30 hours and 30 minutes). Is that right?

Thanks.