Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
champ_
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Roger

Replicate from Nas?

Post by champ_ »

Hello,

I setting up a new Veeam installation for the first time, and I need some help/advice.

Conf:

HYPER-v:

HOST1: Primary, srv01 is located here
Host2: "Disaster", srv02 is located here

Veeam:
srv1: Primary Veeam server. backup job to local storage followed by a backup copy job to NAS01
NAS01:
srv02: "Disaster Veeam server". I want to run replication job from NAS01 to Host2. I have added NAS01 to the backup repository and done a rescan. But when I run the replica job i get the message "No restore points found".

I can though perform recovery from the servers and I see the restore point on srv02.

Is is possible to do a replica from nas01 to srv02?

Regards
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replicate from Nas?

Post by foggy »

Roger, am I taking you right, you're after running a backup copy job created on a "Disaster" Veeam B&R instance and using backup files created by the "Primary" instance as a source for it, right?
champ_
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Roger

Post by champ_ »

Hi,

No I'm running a backup copy job created on primary Veeam with backup repository NAS01.
I then want to use the backup copy job on the "disaster" veeam server in order replicate machine located on in the job to the disaster host.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

By replicate you mean to create a fully functional VM copy running on DR host? If so, then, this workaround should be helpful. Thanks.