Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GWerner
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gerald Werner

Backup Copy to USB

Post by GWerner »

We use Veeam Backup and Replication 8 and backup our VMs to a physical Servers attached Disk.

Now we want to realize any form of a secondary backup of all backed up Servers from this local disk to a big USB Drive attached to that Server.
The USB drives should be rotated so that we attach a new drive every day for one week.

How can we do this? Is ist posible to create a "Backup Copy" Job?

regards
Gerald
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Copy to USB

Post by foggy »

Yes, backup copy jobs are the way to go with this scenario. Don't forget to enable rotated drives scenario in the repository settings.
GWerner
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Gerald Werner

Post by GWerner »

I only Need ONE restorepoint but I can only choose 2 as a minumum.
I use "from backup" as the source. I Need only 1 restore Point. Is there any way?
I have to set a repository for the USB Destination first. Is this valid for all the usb drives I plug in in the future?

regards Gerald
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

GWerner wrote:I only Need ONE restorepoint but I can only choose 2 as a minumum.
I use "from backup" as the source. I Need only 1 restore Point. Is there any way?
The minimum allowed number of restore points for the backup copy job is 2.
GWerner wrote:I have to set a repository for the USB Destination first. Is this valid for all the usb drives I plug in in the future?
Yes, provided you've introduced all the drives to the product.