Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
markcboffins
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Cope

Recovery appliance has not been created Details

Post by markcboffins »

Hi,

I've installed Veeam Endpoint Backup Beta and I have this yellow bar at the top of the control panel. It says:

Recovery appliance has not been created Details

If I click on details, it gives me the following:

Recovery appliance has not been created.

Other than this is doesn't tell you a huge deal more or how to create the recovery appliance. I assume that it is referring to creating recovery media but I'm not sure.

Regards

Mark
treisel
Novice
Full Name: Thomas Reisel

Re: Recovery appliance has not been created Details

Post by treisel »

Hi Mark,

yes it means teh recovery USb-Stick or CD/DVD. I have missed also the pint where we can great it from the UI, ther is no Point for that. You will find it under programs>veeam>Tools...
regards tom
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

We have added the link that launches said wizard directly to the yellow warning stripe prompting you to create recovery appliance. Thanks!
EricZBA
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eric Betancourt

Feature Request: Launch Recovery Media wizard from alert

Post by EricZBA »

Having not created the Recovery Media yet, I get a warning in the main application that the Recovery appliance has not been created. It would be nice if there was a way to launch that process within the app vs having to find the shortcut on the start menu.
hukay
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: SanketB

Post by hukay »

It would be nice if there was a way to launch that process within the app vs having to find the shortcut on the start menu.
I came to say this. Only because i was searching for an option in an app to let me create the image and found out there was an option in start menu (i would of never found out about it till i search for it here).
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hey Sanket and Eric,

As Anton Gostev stated above, that link will be added in the GA version based on all the feedback so stay tuned :-D

Mike
tholyoak
Enthusiast

Post by tholyoak »

If I'm just doing a file level backup, and only backing up certain files, do I need a "recovery appliance"? (And if a "recovery appliance" is just some kind of boot media, that's really an odd term for it.)

If I don't need one, it would be nice to make the warning go away permanently. Clicking "Ignore" only makes it disappear until the next time you open the Control Panel.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi,
file level backup, and only backing up certain files, do I need a "recovery appliance"?
In such case, indeed, there is no need to create recovery appliance.
If I don't need one, it would be nice to make the warning go away permanently. Clicking "Ignore" only makes it disappear until the next time you open the Control Panel.
Notifications could be disabled from the Control Panel > Settings.