Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: qq

Documentating backup regime

Post by 20100 »

Hi,

Is there a command or a file we can print, that describes the list of VM that are backed-up with the disks exceptions, application aware options and index options

as we would like to document how our backup are performed.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Documentating backup regime

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

If you want to have documentation/reports for your backup activity, then please take a look at predefined reports in Veeam ONE (part of Availability Suite).

As an alternative, you can try to use PowerShell commands to dump the configuration. Here is one of the existing topics on how to achieve that > Export Job Settings from SQl

Thank you!
Enthusiast

Post by 20100 » 1 person likes this post

Thanks Vitaliy

I will explore both options. Looks like there is already a good solution for it
Enthusiast

Post by 20100 »

Hi

I must be dumber than the average but I could not find the report in Veeam ONE that would display the list of VM with the values for disks exceptions, the settings for application aware options and index options.

I also installed the Veeam Powershell and went to the forum links with sample of job reports, but my technical knowledge did not allow me to produce anything of interest.

I am sure I am not the only one that ever wanted to have a job backup documented. Would anyone have an existing script for it or report?

Thanks in advance
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Currently, in Veeam ONE there is no entire job config, but we keep adding the reports based on the feedback. I was just pointing out that you might need some other backup reports, which are available in ONE. As to the PowerShell script, then our Veeam PS guru should be able to help you.