Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rimvydukas
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Time interval for Reports

Post by rimvydukas »

Hi,

Problem is very simple. When I select backup job there is Report button for this job. Lets imagine that this job runs for one year. And when I want to look at this job report it takes almost forever when I see something in browser. Is it so hard for guys at Veeam to implement ability to select time interval when Report button is pressed? As for now this Reports feature is simply useless when job runs for a long time. I asked this when 7th version was introduced, nothing was done, only promises. 8 version was released, still no any positive changes in this direction. I ask again - is it possible to implement this feature at last???
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Time interval for Reports

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

On a side note - since you want to get reports over defined periods of time, haven't you thought about using Veeam ONE with its predefined reports?
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Post by rimvydukas »

Vladimir,

There may be several workarounds for this. I could even write my own web interface for this task. But the truth is that our admins work with B&R console it has this option and we expect to have normally working option, not only button. Our admins are mad when they press this button and they have to wait at minimum 15 minutes to be able to see something. If you are not going to fix this thing - please hide/remove this button as with current implementation it is useless for long time running backup jobs.

P.S. I do not want to get reports over defined periods of time. I only want to see results in browser after at least one minute and not after 15 minutes. If you can show the reports with small delay I think that I'll live without any ability to set time interval. If its not possible, then the ability to set time interval is a must as this will shorten output delay.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

I wonder if report generation performance depends on the SQL Server edition or datastore hardware that hosts this SQL Server. Are you using SQL Server Express edition? What is the retention policy for your jobs sessions?

Thanks!
rimvydukas
Enthusiast

Post by rimvydukas »

Datastore is on IBM Storwize v7000 san disk array. SQL is 2008 R2 Standard. History is set to 1 year. Now the only one way to keep this button useful is to delete old jobs from sql manually as your support advised.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In this case introducing an option to choose the reporting interval like we do in Veeam ONE does make sense.