Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
serverbu
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times

Strange behaviour in e-mail and job notification

Post by serverbu »

Hello,

we've seen a strange behaviour in e-mail and job notification since we upgrade from v7 to v8.
In v7 Jobs that succeded but recognized storage getting low were taged as warning in job history and e-mail notification.
Since upgrade to v8 Jobs e-mails have a note
Backup location [<storage>] is getting low on free disk space (<freespace> free of <maxspace>).
and the head of the e-mail is marked yellow and states
<Jobname> ... Warning
but the e-mail subject is
[Success] <jobname> ...
The job history also contains only success entries and the jobs itself don't show the notification of space getting low under action.
Under v7 jobs being able to successfully backup all vms but recognizing low disk space showed this in the jobs action list as last entry and such jobs were placed in job history as warning and e-mails of such jobs had
[Warning] <jobname> ...
in its subject field.

Is this behaviour intentional in v8 or is there a glitch?

Thanks and best regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Strange behaviour in e-mail and job notification

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Let me find out the reason for this change and I will update this topic. If I were the backup admin, I would prefer to see warning message in the subject.

Thank you!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Strange behaviour in e-mail and job notification

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Just a quick follow up - we were unable to reproduce this behavior. All our emails came with a [Warning] tag in the subject, but the VM task was marked as successful one. Can you please give me a bit more details on your job type and repository used in the job?