Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
michaelryancook
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Michael Cook

No up-to-date restore points available

Post by michaelryancook »

Hello all.

We just started using Backup Copy jobs and have run into an issue. I believe the problem may be with my config and I could save a call to support with help here. I have a backup job that is configured to do Incremental with synthetic fulls on Saturdays including transform to rollbacks. This is scheduled daily at 10 PM. I have the secondary target defined as a backup copy job. The backup copy job is configured for 1 day interval starting at 12 AM with the backup job as it's source. I have no restrictions on copy times.

The issue we had was that Saturdays transform took 26 hours causing the backup job to complete on today at 1:24 AM. The backup copy job stated "Incremental copy was not processed during the copy interval" yesterday which makes sense as the transform was still processing. However as the interval reset at 12 AM and it finished at 1:24 AM but the backup started more than 24 hours ago it is saying "No up-to-date restore points available" even though the most recent copy is dated 2/27 and there is a 2/28 restore point.

Possible solution? Based on what I was reading I could set the interval to 2 or 3 days and it would catch this point but then it would only copy one point every three days going forward. Am I missing something? There must be some way to catch this. I thought the secondary target would handle it if the backup over-ran the backup copy interval.

Any help would be appreciated.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: No up-to-date restore points available

Post by veremin »

Hi, Michael,

Once the interval expired and the new one started, the backup copy job should have waited till 1-24 AM and, then, started to copy the resulting restore point. If that didn't happen, kindly, open a ticket with our support team and let them investigate it directly.

Thanks.
michaelryancook
Expert

Thanks Vladimir. The backup copy did start after last night's backup job. I will let it run thru the week and monitor it again this weekend. If the same issue occurs I will open a ticket with support.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

There is a rule about backup copy job - it looks for restore points which creation dates fit synchronization interval. In your case, synchronization interval is equal to 24 hours. So, when a restore point was created at 1-24 AM, a backup copy job should have copied it, as it matched the corresponding settings.

Anyway, if the issue persists, contact support team, indeed.
michaelryancook
Expert

Thanks for the confirmation about the synch interval, Vladimir.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. Should other queries arise, don't hesitate to ask.