Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
feelgoodeule
Influencer
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Michael

Thanks for RC + Pleg for more Integration into B&R

Post by feelgoodeule »

Hello,

thanks so far for this great software and for integrating USB 3.0-restore and various other new features!

I'm just trying to backup into a B&R-repository running W2k8R2, a small non-productive install, VEB installed on a Windows 7 - PC.

After having successfully done a backup to the V&R-repository, I had the idea to trigger it the other way round: I added my W7-PC to the backup infrastructure and tried to add a new backup job to backup the PC. But: It did not show up, only my vSphere-Hosts showed up as backup sources, not my VEB-PC, although some Transport-Service was installed.

Wouldn't it be a great feature to handle backups of VEB-backup sources in the same way like we do with ESX/(Hyper-V)-Hosts? vCenter (VMM-Server) would have their equivalent in a Domain Controller, I could add not only single hosts to the backup infrastructure but whole computer-OUs...

I know, this is more a feature request for B&R than for VEB, and there must be someone who had this idea earlier, but it would be great for us, because we still have a mixed infrastructure. We have locations without any virtualisation others are mixed, others are purely virtual and the staff is the same, they have to cope with different software.

Thank you, Michael
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Thanks for RC + Pleg for more Integration into B&R

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Michael,
After having successfully done a backup to the V&R-repository, I had the idea to trigger it the other way round: I added my W7-PC to the backup infrastructure and tried to add a new backup job to backup the PC. But: It did not show up, only my vSphere-Hosts showed up as backup sources, not my VEB-PC, although some Transport-Service was installed.
The existing integration is to provide you the ability to backup to the VBR repository :wink: Of course we tuned existing VBR features to work properly with Endpoint Backups, but adding the Endpoint client to the VBR console is not supported.

That being said you request makes sense to me, so we will definitely discuss it with the team. Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Thanks for RC + Pleg for more Integration into B&R

Post by Gostev »

There will be no centralized management of Veeam Endpoint Backup from Veeam Backup & Replication from foreseeable future (just so that you can set your expectation right). We have some other plans for this...