Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
beaue
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Beau

Veeam and DD Replication

Post by beaue »

We are using Veeam 8 with a Data Domain. I am using MTree replication between two DD's and I notice that after I broke the replication to do some testing that the destination repository looks to be incremental forever.

My job is setup to do a full backup once a month and synthetic fulls weekly. I was under the assumption that the replicated MTree would be a copy of the source...this looks like the replication is only copying the jobs and the Veeam transformations don't get replicated to the destination.

Anybody have any experience with the same? Do I have something misconfigured?

Thanks,
-Beau
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam and DD Replication

Post by veremin »

You mean the new full backup synthetically created by backup server doesn't get copied by MTree replication to secondary device?
beaue
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Beau

Post by beaue »

Correct. In the replicated I have a full vbk and then each incremental from when it started.

My concerns are the depending on of the backup chain (96 incremental in this case) as well as the space consumption on the destination Data Domain.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Have you already contacted EMC with that? I'm wondering since questions related to their devices' replication might be better answered by their representatives. Thanks.