Management reporting and documentation
rhagan
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ralph H

Unable to query scheduling service state

Post by rhagan »

Hi, just down loaded and installed, reporter enterprise with the local sql express install.. no known errors..(took default settings) installed the web access component and after opening and accessing the 'administration' link, I see an error in the upper right hand corner 'Unable to query scheduling service state' with a log in prompt at the 'server settings' window. tried using the local admin with LocalServer/administrator type log in and got 'logon failure, unkknow user name or bad password'... I tried several different combinations of ID / or \ and pw and nothing seems to work..

I double checked the scheduling service and its running. tried restarting, rebooting and re-installing ( W2K3 sp2 32 bit)...and the same thing over and over...

nothing in the windows event logs...

any ideas?
rhagan
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ralph H

Re: Unable to query scheduling service state

Post by rhagan »

Follow up...

copied the user log in name in the same format from the veeam log, restarted veeam scheduling service then sql service and used the log in as it appeared in the logs and it worked...

working online with this POC now...

Thanks..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Unable to query scheduling service state

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ralph,

Welcome to Veeam community! Great troubleshooting effort from your side! Glad that you're up and running, but if you face any more issues, don't hesitate to email to support@veeam.com to get quicker assistance.