Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JeWe
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Problem backing up MS SQL Server

Post by JeWe »

Hi,

we have 3 SQL Express 2008 servers running in a HyperV 2012R2 environment. For one server, backup with B&R 8.0.0.917 works well, with the other I get error messages in Windows eventlog. Veeam says backups are alright, nothing unexpected to be seen. Already opened a ticket but I'm not very satisfied as first they say "It's a Microsoft problem, ask them!" and now they try some things and time goes by without a solution...

When backup starts, I see several event IDs 1 (SQLVDI), 3041 (MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS), 18210 (MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS), 24583 (SQLWRITER). Activated Windows server backup in the VM and started backup with VSS without problems. Tried several things like register sqlvdi.dll anew without any effect. "vssadmin list writers" returns no errors.

Worked with B&R 7 before, no errors like above. Problems started with V8. Any hints? Anyone else with such problems?
Problem itself isn't unknown: http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/4 ... er-2008-r2

Regards
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Re: Problem backing up MS SQL Server

Post by alanbolte »

Please post your case number.
JeWe
Enthusiast

Post by JeWe »

DeBa
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Denis Bawold

Post by DeBa »

Hi,

any News on this? Customer of mine has exactly the same problem.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The case is in German, so, I can't make sense of it. If applicable, I'd recommend you to make your customer open his own ticket. Thanks.
JeWe
Enthusiast

Post by JeWe »

@DeBa
Support is still investigating... Will post an update as soon there is something new.

@v.Eremin
Do you need further information? It is quite frustrating as nothing seems to happen. Had a second remote support session last friday, still nothing new.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If you're not satisfied with the level of support provided, there is nothing preventing you from escalating case to a higher tier. (just click "Talk to a manager" button)