Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jpiscaer
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Joep Piscaer

New Server - Same Repository: change settings for repo?

Post by jpiscaer »

I'm in the process of moving away from a loaner ExaGrid server to a newly purchased Exagrid server. I have added the IP-addresses of the newly installed server to Veeam. For reference, the old server is on .122 and .123, the new server is on .201 and .202.
I have moved the share from the old to the new unit. Since this ExaGrid, the share remains intact but is simply visible on a new set of IP-addresses.

I'm now running into issues where I want to change the server settings inside each of the twenty or so ExaGrid-enabled repositories in Veeam: I cannot change the IP settings for the existing repositories. I don't want to re-create all the repositories, as I would then need to alter existing jobs, which I don't want to do.

Simply put: how do I change the server settings for an existing repository without impacting existing jobs?
jpiscaer
Enthusiast

Re: New Server - Same Repository: change settings for repo?

Post by jpiscaer » 1 person likes this post

To add to this story: ExaGrid support advised me to just swap out IPs and be done with it, and I was thinking the same.
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

Hi Joep,
if the IP swap is not the preferred route (something I would do too) I feel some change in the database "may" be needed (hint,hint...), which means to involve our support and let them do it ;)
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
jpiscaer
Enthusiast

Post by jpiscaer »

I was figuring changing the DB would be the supportable option with Veeam, but changing IPs has worked beautifully already. Thanks!