Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jsc8041
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Claude Choi

Replica Mapping / Combining VM's Into One Job

Post by jsc8041 »

A couple of questions:

1) I tried creating a new job and mapped 3 existing VM replicas at the target site to this new job. It appears that it's processing almost the full VM as opposed to changes only. Is this to be expected? Is it not a good idea to create a new job with all mapped replicas?

2) Is it too late to continue the original jobs that produced those VM replicas? I would think this could cause problems.

Thanks,
Claude
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replica Mapping / Combining VM's Into One Job

Post by foggy »

jsc8041 wrote:1) I tried creating a new job and mapped 3 existing VM replicas at the target site to this new job. It appears that it's processing almost the full VM as opposed to changes only. Is this to be expected? Is it not a good idea to create a new job with all mapped replicas?
How do you tell it is doing full cycle? Does it actually transfer the amount of data similar to the VM full size or just taking longer (which is expected due to the need to calculate digests).
jsc8041 wrote:2) Is it too late to continue the original jobs that produced those VM replicas? I would think this could cause problems.
It does not really matter, changes between the original VM and its replica should still be calculated and transferred.