Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
JuA
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Julien A

Veeam One scripted install

Post by JuA »

Hi,

Is there a method to automate the Veeam One install process with scripts/CLI ?

Regards,

Julien
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One scripted install

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Julien,

There is no official method of doing it, however you can try to adapt these scripts that are used in our QC process. Each code section represents individual component that is deployed during user-driven installation. The main idea of these scripts is to take individual *.msi components, provide necessary keys (such as license key, username, password, SQL Server name, vCenter Server etc.) and run it via batch or any other script.

Veeam ONE Monitor Client:

msiexec /qn /l*v c:\VeeamOne\MonClnlog.txt /i c:\VeeamOne\cd\Monitor\veeam_monitor_cln_x86.msi REBOOT=ReallySuppress INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Server"

Veeam ONE Server:

msiexec /qn /l*v c:\VeeamOne\MonSrvlog.txt /i c:\VeeamOne\cd\Monitor\veeam_monitor_srv_x64.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL VM_ONE_WIZARD=1 VM_MN_SERVICEACCOUNT=DOMAIN\USER VM_MN_SERVICEPASSWORD=PASSWORD VM_MN_SQL_SERVER=HOSTNAME\INSTANCE NAME VM_MN_SQL_DATABASE=VeeamOne VM_MN_SQL_AUTHENTICATION=0 VM_VC_SELECTED_TYPE=0 VM_VC_HOST=vCenter_Server VM_VC_PORT=443 VM_VC_HOST_USER=DOMAIN\USER VM_VC_HOST_PWD=PASSWORD EDITLICFILEPATH=c:\VeeamOne\license.lic REBOOT=ReallySuppress VM_HV_TYPE=0 INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Monitor Server" VM_BACKUP_ADD_LATER=0

For Veeam ONE Reporter component just use these lines in the code above:

msiexec /qn /l*v c:\VeeamOne\RepSRVlog.txt /i c:\VeeamOne\cd\Reporter\VeeamONEReporterSvc_x64.msi

To install Veeam ONE Reporter and Business View web sites use these lines:

msiexec /qn /l*v c:\VeeamOne\RepWEBlog.txt /i c:\VeeamOne\cd\Reporter\VeeamONEReporterWeb_x64.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL VM_RP_SERVICEACCOUNT=DOMAIN\USER VM_RP_SERVICEPASSWORD=PASSWORD VM_RP_SQL_SERVER=serverHOSTNAME\INSTANCE NAME VM_RP_SQL_DATABASE=VeeamOne VM_RP_SQL_AUTHENTICATION=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress PF_VEEAMONE="C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Reporter Web"

msiexec /qn /l*v c:\VeeamOne\BVlog.txt /i c:\VeeamOne\cd\BusinessView\BV_x64.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL BV_SERVICE_USER=DOMAIN\USER BV_SERVICE_PASSWORD=PASSWORD BV_SQLINSTANCENAME=HOSTNAME\INSTANCE NAME BV_SQLSERVER_DATABASE=VeeamOne BV_SQLSERVER_AUTHENTICATION=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam ONE\Veeam ONE Business View"

Thanks!
JuA
Enthusiast

Post by JuA »

Hi,

Thank you for this reply.

As some details are missing (installation of dependences, some options for the server), I have no time to investigate now and will document the graphical installer.

An official/supported way to do the headless install would be nice for a future version.. :-)

Regards,

Julien
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this is in our road map. Can you please tell me how many sites you have and how would you use this feature?
JuA
Enthusiast

Post by JuA »

We have 6 sites (+ test) right now.

One (or several) command lines, as given in your post is a nice solution. All options available in the GUI must be there (advanced install, Existing SQL Server DB, etc).

One step which checks/installs missing features in Windows should be there (as it is in the graphical installer).

The use of a "response file" is maybe easier to maintain than a long command line with all options...

Regards,

Julien
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, the solution above is our internal one, thus not very user-friendly. Do you also use Veeam B&R in these sites?
JuA
Enthusiast

Post by JuA »

Yes, there is a Veeam B&R Server on each site. Our install process for this is manual with the GUI.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

So the best solution would be to install both products in a silent mode. Do you use integration between these products? Any favorite features, feedback on this?
JuA
Enthusiast

Post by JuA » 1 person likes this post

Yes of course : The VeeamOne is monitoring the health of the B&R server and of the VMware infrastructure.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Perfect, what are you top 3 reports in terms of backup?
JuA
Enthusiast

Post by JuA » 1 person likes this post

Can I chose 4 of them ? :)

* Backup Job Historical Information
* Backup Inventory
* VMs Backed Up by Multiple Jobs
* VM Change Rate History
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...what about protected VMs report that can quickly identify VMs that have fallen out of the RPO?