Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jluce
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: John Luce

Replication coming from a repository

Post by jluce »

When using the backup files as the source for replicas. How do you keep from having a backup job terminate a replication job that was in process?
In our setup each replication job is linked to occur after each of the Tier 1 backup jobs, and they are run hourly. However occasionally the incremental backup that has been taken exceeds the hour when it is used as the source for replication? It seems to pick up where it left off however, but it triggers the failure of the replica notices which causes some anxiety of those monitoring the situation.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Replication coming from a repository

Post by Shestakov »

Hello John,
The best you can do is to plan your schedule accordingly, because by design, if source backup job starts when replication(from repository) job is running, the replication job will be interrupted.
I would also suggest to set the replication job as a post-job activity of the source backup job for better synchronization.
Thanks.
jluce
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: John Luce

Post by jluce »

I was afraid that was the case. Thanks for the answer.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

You are welcome, John.
I would again suggest to pay attention to post-job activity and schedule the replication job to start as soon the backup job is finished.