Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
UIT
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: IT

Restore from B&R

Post by UIT »

Hi,

i just try a Bare Metal Recovery from B&R using latest B&R (with installed Update #2 for Endpoint), latest Endpoint Backup, latest Recovery CD. Backup is done without error. Source System have a SSD (C) and a simple HDD (D). I boot from CD, selected "Recovery" / "Bare Metal". Connection to B&R is done successfully. It doesn't work. I try to restore only D: (just a HDD, not SSD) under Windows, same Problem. I also try to Change the Port on the Switch to make sure, that there's no Network Problem.

Code: Select all

25.03.2015 11:24:23          Required backup infrastructure resources have been assigned
25.03.2015 11:24:23          Restore process started at 25.03.2015 11:24:23
25.03.2015 11:24:27          Updating disk partition structure
25.03.2015 11:24:54 Error    Restoring Data (D:) Error: Failed to decompress LZ4 block: Bad crc (original crc: fda81b30, current crc: cb194b38).
                             Failed to download disk.
                             Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Failed to decompress LZ4 block: Bad crc (original crc: fda81b30, current crc: cb194b38).
                             Failed to download disk.
                             Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore from B&R

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,
It looks like the backed up volume was already corrupted before the backup but let me check with QA team. Meanwhile, could you share the restore log (it should be placed in the backup location)?
UIT
Novice

Post by UIT »

Where is the log located?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

If you are performing restore from the VBR repository, it should be placed inside the repository where backup file resides automatically.
UIT
Novice

Post by UIT »

Do you have any News?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

UIT, did you share the log? Please, accept my apologies if you did that, but I don't see it anywhere in the support tracking system to escalate to devs.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

UIT,
Your logs are still under investigation - I'll update this thread as soon as QA team finds something.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

UIT,
QA checked the backup log and it looks good, they think that such error could be caused by the repository drive failure - is it possible to perform a bad block repository disk check?